Purpose: Team Volunteers are integral to the day-to-day operations of the Ronald McDonald House inside Northwestern Prentice Hospital. No two days as a Team Volunteer are alike, and these flexible, passionate individuals handle a variety of tasks to ensure things run smoothly for the families we serve. The House serves as a place of respite for families whose newborns are receiving medical treatment in the NICU. The space is located on the hospital’s 10th floor, within the NICU, and features a kitchenette, living area, TV, shower, playroom and five sleep rooms.
Location: Ronald McDonald House inside Northwestern Prentice Hospital, 250 E. Superior St., Chicago, IL 60611.
· Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able/willing to show proof of vaccination in order to participate at RMHC-CNI locations.
· Agreement with and alignment to all RMHC-CNI rules, policies and protocols, including our current, post-COVID participation requirements.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with other volunteers and staff.
· Desire to create and maintain a caring and compassionate environment for guest families.
· Willingness to engage with and provide service to guest families.
· Comfortable cleaning and maintaining a high-level of organization.
· Must be capable of standing, squatting and carrying up to 15 pounds.
· Volunteers must be dependable, trustworthy, friendly and flexible.
Time Commitment and Scheduling:
· Volunteers must commit to one weekly, three-hour shift for at least one year.
· Team Volunteer shifts are available seven days a week and are three-hours long.
Training and Support:
· Volunteers must complete both the RMHC-CNI and Northwestern Prentice Hospital onboarding requirements, including: orientation/info sessions, background checks, health screening/proof of vaccinations, and an on-site shadow shift.
· Team Volunteers report to the Northwestern Prentice House staff and Volunteer Services Manager.
· Interested individuals can submit an online application: http://vhub.at/northwesternprenticevolunteers
Purpose: Team Volunteers are integral to the day-to-day operations of the Ronald McDonald House inside Northwestern Prentice Hospital. No two days as a Team Volunteer are alike, and these flexible, passionate individuals handle a variety…