Intiwawa staff and volunteers strive toward excellence, equity, collaboration, initiative and gratitude in the work we do, and welcome candidates that share these values. We are seeking a hard working, dedicated person to join our team.
The Communications and Public Affairs Coordinator will provide bilingual communications and media outreach to increase the visibility and impact of Intiwawa’s programs across Perú and international markets.
The Communications and Public Affairs Coordinator reports to the General Director and will work closely with Intiwawa’s management, staff and volunteers to increase the organization’s visibility. This position includes building and fostering relationships with media, identifying opportunities to improve the organization's brand and paving the way for the future development of the ngo especially with the goal to communicate the breadth of our programs to our different stakeholders. As the Communications and Public Affairs Coordinator you will be part of Intiwawa’s Peruvian Team and also part of the Peruvian Committee.
Communications & Branding:
- Support the construction of a comprehensive communication and branding strategy, including milestones and measurable goals
- Develop a brand book and lead the development and maintenance of Intiwawa’s brand components, including governance of brand use and standards with internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as the primary communications’s department project manager and content creator/editor for all communications and marketing materials and collateral (factsheets, flyers, brochures, toolkits) for fundraising/sales campaigns, promotion of programs, event promotions, marketing collateral in collaboration with digital media and graphic designers.
- Promote Intiwawa to the nonprofit sector, community partners, and the general public at international and national level.
- Lead the creation of the Annual Report, published in the 1st quarter of the year.
- Lead the development of communications strategies, plans and proposals for the Development and Fundraising, Sales, and Programs departments.
- Prepare reports and track progress and effectiveness of communications and marketing activities.
- Manage external communications activities for the organization, including the overall relationship with the media, media inquiries and responses, spokesperson duties, preparation and distribution of news releases, earned and paid media opportunities, and other news/media events.
- Lead outreach/pitching needs to English and Spanish media.
- Coordinate the cultivation of relationships with international, national and local media contacts.
- Manage the creation and distribution of research, white papers and fact sheets
- Develop and provide project management (PM) for initiatives that involve the Communications Department and multiple departments. Provide the roadmap and timeline for projects, and an overall methodology and structure for PM.
- Develop and implement an approach to measure and report the impact of each initiative, including quantitative and qualitative indicators as well as feedback from staff and/or volunteers that point to patterns and themes for consideration
- Lead/oversee the translation of materials and content (English-Spanish/Spanish-English), translation to/from German a plus!
- Review of documents prepared by outside translators
- Previous experience in communications/marketing (preferably for a ngo)
- Excellent/native English and Spanish skills, written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent cross-cultural communication
- High level of initiative, leadership, and confidence
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Access to internet and comfortable with Google Suite
- Fully remote professional volunteer opportunity (could serve as an internship)
- Commitment is from August 24, 2020 to January 29, 2021, 15-20 hours a week
- Unpaid position
- Available to work remotely with both the teams in Perú and Germany.
- Participation in meetings is mandatory.
- Volunteer/Internship certificate and letter of reference will be provided at the end of the term.