We are looking for Marketing Writer - Outreach and Promotion volunteers to help with the Shenandoah Film Collaborative, Inc. during the fall season.
We can work with you if you need college credits. We are an all-volunteer organization. We have various film festivals and promotions coming during the next few months and we need people who are willing to help us raise funds for theatre programs in Shenandoah County, VA. This is also a great chance to build up your portfolio.
Tasks that might be asked of you:
- Take direction and guidance from our marketing director to promote our films, brand, and event through our established media channels (strasburgfilm.com blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) and traditional media like radio, newspaper, and TV.
- Promote the appreciation of film as more than just a way to seek entertainment
- Research industry-related film topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Learn and understand how to use Yost SEO on WordPress to help increase web traffic; This includes conducting simple keyword research and using SEO guidelines.
- Execute brand compliance to ensure that our vision is getting out to the public
- Would be willing to learn other forms of digital marketing tools such as WordPress or Mail Chimp
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Update website content as needed
- Interview filmmakers (if applicable) to provide our audience a more in-depth understanding of what it takes to make their film, why they do this, and any other tidbits that would help promote our brand
- Outreach to area residents to encourage them to become volunteers with the organization; These volunteers would help support the film festival or any other events that will be planned through our non-profit
- Work and execute a strategy that would make volunteers feel welcomed and a valued member through our non-profit so that participation and retention are high
- Promote new products in our online store so that people would check out the items and purchase them
About the Shenandoah Film Collaborative Overview
The Shenandoah Film Collaborative, a 501 (3) c, all-volunteer, non-profit, has three areas of focus:
- Create a global community for the Film Arts.
- Offer opportunities to Shenandoah Valley residents to experience the wonders of the film beyond Hollywood.
- Raise funds and awareness for the Shenandoah County Public School System theater/drama-related programming.