Mass Care provides activities and services on a congregate basis to the community as a whole including feeding, sheltering, reunification, and distribution of emergency supplies.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Mass Care program including:
- Support the annual mass care goals, RDO objectives, and regional/ chapter plan for mass care services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities
- Projects and local response activities will be assigned according to the activities you are training in: feeding, sheltering, distribution of emergency supplies, or reunification.
- Projects may include tasks such as conducting facility surveys for response activity sites, meeting with partners to build relationships, conducting inventory and updating supply kits.
- follow and implement requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
- adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
- build effective relationships with others who can help with work related goals.
- be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
- work toward service associate GAP in at least one Mass Care activity.
- Drivers License
- All Mass Care volunteers must sign up for a minimum of (1) shift per month (general availability)
- Mass Care volunteers need to attend min 1 Mass Care meeting per quarter.
- Varies depending on regional projects and priorities.
- Volunteers should expect to spend 4 hours on work related to this position.