Global to Local (G2L) is a SeaTac, WA based nonprofit organization that works to advance health equity and improve the health of local communities. We are looking for volunteers to serve as Community Vaccine Educators to assist with our work on COVID-19 and flu vaccine promotion for Amharic, Kiswahili, and Somali speaking communities in South King County.
Vaccine Educators will share information with their communities about the COVID-19 and flu vaccines, and assist community members with getting vaccine appointments. Training will be provided.
- Attend and complete all required meetings and training sessions on community outreach and vaccine education.
- Participate in the development of vaccine outreach and education materials that are appropriate for your specific community.
- Share information and feedback from your community related to the vaccine project with Global to Local staff on an ongoing basis.
- Actively engage with community members through social media and at culturally appropriate gatherings such as schools, farmers market, places of worship, etc. to share information about the COVID-19 and flu vaccine.
- Complete monthly activity reports and submit them to G2L staff on time.
- Keep in touch with G2L staff and communicate concerns, changes, or questions as they arise.
- Participate in final evaluation activities for the project.
- Fluent in Amharic, Kiswahili, or Somali
- Ability to communicate in English with G2L staff
- Resident of South King County (Burien, SeaTac, Tukwila, Auburn, Kent, Des Moines, etc.)
- Enjoy talking with community members and sharing information about COVID-19 and flu vaccines
- 12 months, from August 2021 through July 2022.
- Average of 10 hours per month for trainings, meetings, and community outreach.
- This is an unpaid volunteer position. To ensure that cost is not a barrier to participation, G2L will provide a stipend of $150 per month.