The Community Outreach Ambassador supports our Employment Services Team by championing the education of individuals and groups within the community on Goodwill’s Programs and Services available to assist them.
- Attend scheduled outreach events with the Employment Services Team to assist with table setup/tear down, distribution of materials, intake paperwork completion, providing information on community resources, and other activities as mutually agreed upon
- Assist with recruiting clients who would benefit from attending our job fairs (currently held virtually) by distributing informational material to targeted locations and reaching out to other community organizations as directed by the Employment Services Team
- Engage in other activities that help spread the word about Goodwill’s mission and connect individuals and organizations in the community to our programs and services as assigned by the Employment Services Team
The Ambassador will always be accompanied by a member of the Employment Services Team when attending events or performing an outreach activity in the community.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Comfortable engaging with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to Maintain Confidentiality
- Enthusiasm for Goodwill’s Mission and Activities
- Passion and commitment for community outreach volunteering