Solidarity and Development Initiative (SODEI) is a registered non-for-profit organization whose mission is to inspire and engage children and young persons in Cameroon through innovative and creative methods of learning; spaces and platforms to amplify young person’s voices and foster participation in youth and community development activities. Our work is carried through four core program areas to include: Learn, Speak & Play (LESPLAY), Youth mentoring and leadership program, Literacy Program (Library and Book Club), STEM and the Girls Empowerment Program. SODEI was founded in 2018 in the wake of the conflict in the English- speaking regions of Cameroon and the devastating impact on the welfare and education of children and young persons within the region. SODEI currently operates programs in the Southwest region of Cameroon with a view to expand to other regions in the near future.
The Fundraising and Partnership Manager is responsible for revenue growth for the organization and maximizing income from existing and new engagement programs including corporate partnership programs, sustainable giving programs and an individual membership program. The candidate will develop and maintain strategic partnerships and put in place a solid partnership plan.
The Manager will be part of the senior management team and expected to provide input for the organization’s strategic planning and stakeholders engagement and management. This person will be working as part of the Research and Development team and reporting to the Research and Development Director.
The successful candidate is expected to work with the team towards meeting their individual and collective financial goals by providing strong leadership, ongoing guidance, strategic support and coaching.
- Leads, develops and continuously adapts an effective fundraising strategy
- Under the guidance of the Research and Development Director and in close coordination with the Executive Director, contributes to the development of fundraising documents (be it expression of Interests/ Concept Notes/ Grant Proposals) in line with country strategy and donor requirements; initiate drafting of such documents when requested
- Identifies potential new sources of income, such as grants, foundations, sponsorships, partnerships.
- Pursues fundraising opportunities that offer high long-term funding potential and prioritize those that offer the most unrestricted funds.
- Scopes and rolls out a supporter/membership program
- Oversees, assesses and enhances current fundraising platforms.
- Cultivates and nurtures relationships with current and potential donors
- Implements fundraising best practices through developing strong relationships with key senior management leaders in other offices
- Develops reporting procedures and systems that provide income analysis, ROI rates, documentation of fundraising proposals, effective management of contracts and fulfilment of obligations towards sponsors and funders.
Partner relationship development & management
- Reviewing, revision and implementation of SODEI's partnership strategy.
- Establish and leverage new partnerships for fundraising opportunities.
- Identify potential opportunities to strategic fundraising partnerships to enable new channels associated with major donors and individual fundraising.
- Build critical supporter/partner relationships and implement supporter/partner service policies and standards consistently to sustain and enhance supporter/partner satisfaction and retention.
- Monitor and enhance partner relationships.
- Ensure unit plans/objectives and targets are met or exceeded to contribute to the planned units’ results.
- Put in place stringent Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework to monitor progress and evaluate changes that need to be made effectively.
- Turn data into impact by setting up and ensure the effective use of our CRM system (Salesforce) to analyze and optimize our efforts, keep track of partnerships and opportunities.
- Manage the fundraising team and be responsible for their performance, development, and adherence to organizational values.
- Develops annual action plan and budget
- Adapting good practice fundraising principles and practices to the local environment. The Fundraising and Partnership Manager develops, defines, and seek agreement and cascade down the objectives, plans, and targets for fundraising programs for detailed development of budget, program plans, and support.
- Develops and implement program and project conservation funding strategies and implementation plans through the fundraising team.
- Co-creates project and annual work plans with the projects and communication teams in line with given deadlines.
Compliance and control
- Ensure compliance with international donors' regulations and the relevant policies, procedures, and regulations to protect the organization’s interests in line with SODEI's guidelines and local practices.
- Post graduate degree in marketing, business administration, corporate relations management or any relevant discipline.
- A university degree with at least 4 years experience will be accepted in lieu of a post graduate degree
- More than 3 years of stretching experience in fundraising, sales and marketing, of which a least 2 years of leadership experience in bringing in funds and in people management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven track record of successful implementation of fundraising initiative
- Extensive knowledge of working with donors
- Knowledge of legal framework for donors
- Fluent in English