Emergency and Disaster Management Centre Needs You!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Become an EduCARE India + Red Cross Volunteer!
The vital work of EduCARE India and Red Cross at our collaborative Emergency and Disaster Management Centre is made possible by people like you who contribute their unique backgrounds, talents and skill levels. We have volunteer opportunities to match a wide range of interests and time commitment. Our needs change based on current events, adding flexibility to get you involved in an area that inspires you!
There are several opportunities and services that the Centre has to offer before, during and after the emergencies and disasters !
Help Before, During, and After Crisis
- Risk Analysis and Planning for Risk Reduction
- Disaster Services - Provide food, shelter, comfort and home for families affected by major disasters such as fire, hurricanes and tornadoes.
- Disaster Action Team - Respond to single-family fires with a disaster action team supervisor.
- Home Fire Preparedness - Install free smoke alarms and share safety information in at-risk communities.
- Disaster Preparedness Presenter - Educate individuals and groups on how to be prepared before a disaster occurs.
- Outreach - Attend community events to share the mission of the Red Cross with others so that they may have the tools they need to keep their family safe in times of crisis.
- IHL Instructor - Conduct classes on International Humanitarian Law.
Support Our Partners
- Hospital Volunteer - Lend a hand to patients and administrative staff at Maple Leaf Hospital.
- Caseworker - Ensure delivery of emergency communications for members of the Emergency and Psychosocial support patients and their families.
Provide Office and Warehouse Support
- Clerical - Assist with administrative tasks.
- Staff Support - Help with routine maintenance duties such as stocking supplies and checking inventory at shelters.
Take a Leadership Role
- Volunteer Services - Assist with volunteer recruitment, placement, record keeping and recognition.
- Community Volunteer Leader - Community Volunteer Leaders (CVL) act as a "face of EduCARE India and Red Cross" to the local community and focus upon recruiting volunteers and managing key local relationships.
- Board Members - Serve on local boards and help with fundraising and marketing programs. Be the face of the Red Cross the local community as a role-model and ensure that we are serving the community well.
Assist with Fundraising Efforts
- Special Events - Support fundraising and special events.
- Thank a Donor - Make calls to thank the financial donors of Red Cross and Maple Leaf Hospital towards the Emergency and Disaster Management Centre.
Use Your Communication Skills
- Grant Researching/Writing - Assist the fundraising team as they research, write and execute grants.
- Presentations - Develop / provide presentations about our programs and projects to various stakeholders
- PR / Public Affairs - Tell our story of work and impact preparing for and during emergencies and disasters.
Engage in Our Efforts Internationally
- International partnerships - Assist in the building international partnerships for knowledge sharing, resource mobilisation and capacity building.
- Build international university partnerships to recruit volunteers and interns for our programs / projects
- Language Bank - Utilize your language skills to translate.