Serenity Courage and Wisdom, Inc. (SC+W) is a nonprofit based in North Carolina. Started by a cervical cancer survivor, SC+W provides information, advocacy, and awareness about HPV and cervical cancer.
We are looking for an outgoing, people-oriented, trustworthy, energetic, organized, detailed-oriented, and friendly individual to help us coordinate all marketing activities and build and maintain a favorable public image for SC+W. This opportunity is perfect for someone who enjoys fostering relationships, creating content, wants to help cancer survivors, and enjoys being a part of a team.
*This is an unpaid, currently remote role with the potential to return to in-person.*
- 18 years and older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to travel to different areas of the city or community as needed
- Familiarity with the local community, including local businesses and public events
- Experience in marketing, events, and promotions a plus
- Identifying local marketing opportunities and partners
- Keeping promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with the print company, inventory stock, place orders, and verify receipts
- Writing or editing forms, web invitations, templates, and other marketing documents.
- Collaborate with the Social Media Content Manager to develop long-term marketing and communications initiatives
- Developing marketing and communications messages to promote SC+W's mission, news, events, membership benefits, and fundraising
- Generating press releases, promotional materials, and other marketing collateral.
- Maintain consistency in SC+W's’sSC+W’s marketing and communications messages and branding
- Engaging with press and news outlets
- Sourcing and securing advertising to promote SC+W's and its initiatives
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting on marketing and communications performance for internal use
- Writing engaging and impactful on-brand copy, connecting programs to clients and community, "owning" your project work, and being accountable for its success in the marketplace
- Developing a marketing strategy for new events and programs
- Creating and maintain newsletters to keep the Dream Team, sponsors, donors, community partners, volunteers, and clients updated with SC+W's news and events
- Negotiating contracts with vendors for services and products to be advertised
- Meet with the leadership team to present campaigns and offer advice and strategies
- Researching and plan advertising campaigns for various media platforms
- Monitoring, review, and report on all marketing activity and results
- Analyzing market trends and report findings to the leadership team
- Preparing communications for release to local press and radio media.
- Maintaining a database of marketing materials (Toolkit), and project manages updates with the print company to ensure all materials are accurate and up to date
- Managing all marketing materials needed for major events, workshops, etc
- Serving as an ambassador for SC+W
- Completing administrative tasks as needed
- Supporting SC+W's in areas outside of typical responsibilities