We are seeing an experienced and ambitious UX Designer (remote) for volunteering . We have an existing site but it needs maintenance, updates and some new additions. The site uses Wordpress CM. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to talk to you.
- Gather, analyze, and document user requirements, in collaboration with the founder, project manager and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Conduct competitive analysis of other websites that operate in the same space
- Provide status updates and reporting while meeting project schedule, deadlines and milestones
- Work as part of a team, aligning on project roadmap, goals and program success factors
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or related technology certification
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. InVision)
- Advanced understanding e-commerce websites
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Experience preparing detailed competitive and consumer analysis
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks is a plus
- Ability to commit volunteering for 7+ hour work weeks
Preferred skills: Knowledge and experience with non-profit with content management, customer relationship management or related systems and software. Knowledge of Slack, Trello and Google drive.
Your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.