The successful candidate will perform a range of health research, health analysis and other duties in
support of Africa Health Organisation (AHO) health and social care programmes with a strong focus in Africa and the Diaspora.
- Design technical assistance and capacity building health systems in Africa and the Diaspora.
- Carry out scoping and needs assessment activities, working with clients and local experts, to identify demand for AHO support.
- Support the AHO global health policy at meetings and conferences related to policy and research priorities.
- Apply the latest procedures, standards and trends like cost benefit analysis, program evaluation, etc., for the development of health plan.
- Evaluate the impact of the policy and solutions already undertaken in Africa and the Diaspora.
- Suggest remedial measures to ineffective health care systems.
- Prepare reports, graphs, briefs, presentations and other modules for reference and submission to the senior level management.
- Research and advocate various issues and concepts which will help to improve the health care system.
- Synthesise evidence from a variety of international health care systems and evaluation programmes to provide a balanced view of the policy evidence base.
- Provide other research, writing, editing, and publishing of reports and articles for peer-reviewed journals, including collaborating with senior staff and members of AHO to draft blogs, policy briefs, and notes.
- Track global health policymaking and provide regular summaries to AHO.
- Contribute to new grants applications to expand the work of AHO.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Qualification in public health, policy, health economics, health financing or a related field; and research or policy experience
- Track record of providing strategic or technical advice to senior policy makers.
- Experience of and/or understanding of the role played by donors in global health.
- Competent in working in complex multi-stakeholder environments, and ability to quickly grasp the political dynamics of new contexts.
- Strong communications and writing skills in English, including the ability to communicate complex messages to a wide audience.
- Confidence, flexibility, can-do attitude, and intellectual curiosity in a demanding and fast-paced environment.