Provide Follow up and Recovery Planning Services, including referrals, for individuals and households following regional events - primarily home fires.
- Conduct follow-up for clients within 72 hours of case being opened by Disaster Action Team or Caseworker.
- May also conduct Intake and provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients if case was not opened by DAT
- Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
- Provide Internal Referrals and External Referrals.
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy upon request
- Use RC Care to document services according to the Client Care Program Standards and Procedures and RC Care Job Tools.
- Services may be provided in person or virtually.
- Work with community recovery partners to plan for community recovery needs and long-term recovery activities.
- Able to treat clients with care, comfort and concern.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting.
- Demonstrated interest in learning about community resource organizations.
- Treats people equitably and works effectively with diverse populations
- Comfortable with and access to technology
Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.
To get started as a Red Cross volunteer, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=4400&h=193&p=592563