The PurpleStride Chair (PSC) recruits and works with a planning committee in collaboration with staff partner to lead the coordination and production of PanCAN’s signature walk/run fundraising event, PurpleStride. The PSC facilitates the planning and execution of fundraising, sponsorship, logistics, marketing and program as it relates to PurpleStride to ensure a successful event. PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee all aspects of the PurpleStride event including revenue, budget, logistics and event experience.
- Actively recruit and retain PurpleStride Planning Committee Chairs.
- Knowledgeable in committee responsibilities and ensure committee is properly trained.
- Communicate regularly with planning committee and staff partner
- Partner with planning committee and staff partner to determine event goals and benchmarks.
- Organize and facilitate regular PurpleStride planning meetings to ensure initiatives and tasks are on target.
- Mentor and support all planning committee chairs to ensure success. Examples include:
- Team & Individual Development Chair: work closely in planning kickoff meeting and to steward team captain’s year-round.
- Logistics Committee Chair: Partner to research and secure location and date of event, secure permits and vendors.
- Sponsorship Committee Chair: work closely to help steward sponsors year-round.
- Hold and facilitate debriefing/wrap up meeting with planning committee members.
- Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with Affiliate Chair and staff partner.
- Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with Committee Chairs.
- Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
- Respond to inquiries within two business days.
- All volunteer positions are expected to regularly communicate with their staff partner and/or local volunteer leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc.) and demonstrate a commitment to the PanCAN mission.
- Effective delegation and management of a committee
- Strong personal and professional network
- Strong leader, communicator and motivator
- A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience facilitating meetings and/or trainings
- Knowledge of community
- Strong time management
- Conflict management and resolution
- Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
- PanCAN volunteer onboarding and role specific training
- PurpleStride Chair Guidebook and access to resources via online platform
- Webinars throughout the year
- Inside Track e-newsletter - distributed to all leadership roles
- National Leadership Training - in person training over 3 days
Staff & Volunteer Partners
- PanCAN Staff Partner - Community Relationship Manager
- PurpleStride Planning Committee Volunteers
- Team & Individual Development Chair
- Sponsorship & Flagship Chair
- Logistics Chair
- Event Experience Chair
- Event Day Volunteer Chair