Job Overview: The Social Media Savant helps the Journey leaders to identify, conceptualize, design, and execute campaigns to boost engagement, educate and inform your communities about Mission1Race’s (M1R) events, activities, and company programs. The Social Media Savant help create content calendars, develop, and distribute text and video-based content, monitor social media channels, and support promotional and marketing efforts. The Social Media Savant may also serve as an internal consultant on other projects as needed.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- The Social Media Savant is expected to reflect Mission1Race’s values and messaging.
- The Social Media Savant will attend required meetings.
- The Social Media Savant will meet weekly with the Vice-President.
- The Social Media Savant is involved in all the paths and journeys. However, the Social Media Savant falls under M1Path.
- The Social Media Savant is expected to actively engage in all of our social media channels daily.
- The Social Media Savant must adhere to M1R’s branding and messaging guidelines.
- The Social Media Savant will place content in formats that can be used on various social channels.
- The Social Media Savant assist with the creation of postings and advertisements that can be shared to communicate with our communities on a public forum.
- The Social Media Savant is responsible postings content for promoting the brand and its events/activities.
- The Social Media Savant is responsible for following any conversations relative to the post and to interact with any public responses
- The Social Media Savant will ensure project deadlines are met.
- The Social Media Savant will provide administrative support as needed.
- The Social Media Savant will undertake project tasks as required.
- The Social Media Savant will ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- The Social Media Savant will assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- The Social Media Savant will chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- The Social Media Savant will create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- The Social Media Savant will respond to all regular communications within 48 hours.
- The Social Media Savant will respond to all high-priority outreach within 24 hours.
- The Social Media Savant will complete other duties as assigned.
- A High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required. Preferable a BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media, or Public Relations.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, and web development
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Fluency in English
- High-level strategic thinking and planning.
- Excellent team-building skills.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes.
- Ability to interact with people from all organizational levels.
- Willingness to try new approaches.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Physical Responsibilities and Duties:
- This position requires 8 – 12 hours a week of donated hours.
- Frequent typing and writing are customary.