Club Kali Network is a small community interest company (CIC). Our aim is to reduce isolation for BAME LGBTQ+ people and celebrate South Asian heritage through a range of activities. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who love social interaction, learning, engaging with people from diverse backgrounds to join our Events Team.
We are looking for people-persons! You should have experience with online and live events. This may be supporting events, or a role with clear responsibilities as part of a team. You can build on your experience as we run online events and will be opening to running covid-safe physical events too.
We would like the volunteers to help us with:
● Planning for online & future live events alongside a small motivated team to generate an innovative variety of appropriate events.
● Organising schedules, securing resources and suppliers and event admin.
● Providing a warm welcome and engaging people with our work.
● Peer support which may involve buddying or working with other new volunteers.
● Supporting online marketing, technology and social media promotion in a timely manner.
We are looking for volunteers who are honest, open and understand the needs of a small, long-established non-profit community interest company (CIC) supporting LGBTQ+ BAME & marginalised communities.
We need Volunteers with:
● A ‘can-do’ positive attitude and open to learning.
● Ability to grasp logistics, plans, and meet deadlines.
● Enthusiasm to engage with people and organisations.
● Familiarity using online/video conferencing platforms.
● Understanding of the needs of LGBTQ+ and POC/BAME people from marginalised communities
● Ability to maintain professional standards and boundaries at all times.
● will be improving the lives of people from LGBTQ+ BAME communities
● will be increasing well-being, empowering people, enabling learning and making a real difference
● will be adding value by seeing live events through and participants engaging and enjoying themselves
● you will receive volunteer induction and training
● the time and dedication you put in will provide you in turn with immense satisfaction, seeing relationships and communities grow, and be part of shaping our development
Where will the volunteers be working?
When will the volunteers be working?
Min 3 hours per week or an equivalent of 1-2 days monthly
Apply now by completing our online volunteers application form: bit.ly/kalivolunteers
Club Kali Network is a small community interest company (CIC). Our aim is to reduce isolation for BAME LGBTQ+ people and celebrate South Asian heritage through a range of activities. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who love…