At the International Association of Atheists (IAA), we are working hard to make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. IAA is a coalition of atheist and atheist-friendly people and organizations working together to make secular humanist initiatives happen. We strive to educate, protect, and assist atheists internationally. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on changing the stigma associated with atheism by employing humanist ideals to help make the world a better place. IAA envisions a future in which atheists have the opportunities and resources they need to participate openly and confidently in every aspect of society.
This position will be held by a volunteer for now, but will be upgraded to a paid position in coming months. We require at least 2+ hours a day.
Create and manage IAA’s social media strategy across various platforms including: planning, goal setting, execution and monitoring of the digital content marketing plan (which you will help develop).
- Create and manage the social media marketing strategy across all social media platforms, in coordination with IAA’s overall digital and organization-wide content strategy and marketing plan — informing/coordinating with paid media, donated media, email marketing, cause/corporate partner campaigns, etc.
- Develop and maintain a social media content calendar to drive traffic to the mission and organization, and coordinate with the future marketing and communications teams to incorporate applicable content (communications, brand, direct marketing, cause campaigns, program, advocacy, network) and curate for optimal engagement and action via social media platforms.
- Assist in planning and support key IAA campaigns and events through social media including content strategy (how to best market through social media), engagement plans (how to use social media to drive traffic) and execution (scheduling/posting content and engaging with the community while abiding by IAA’s social media standards and policy.
- Monitor environment to identify trending (or potentially trending) topics or moments that may be opportunities or could represent threats to the organization or community, and elevating information regarding these opportunities/threats to IAA leadership.
- Supervising the social media teams
Required Competencies and Experience:
- Experience with social media and content creation. Platform experience needed: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit, and YouTube.
- Experience with social media community and platform management tools (i.e. Later.com)
- Experience in integrating content across multiple social distribution channels. Ability to analyze social media marketing effectiveness to extract insights and drive increased engagement.
- Strong creative (writing & editing), diplomatic, interpersonal, and presenting skills.
- Innovative, growth mindset with problem-solving capabilities and a comfort and passion in learning new ways to reach people.
- Committed to IAA’s mission.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Committed to an organization that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone involved to be their authentic self. Builds equity into structures, systems, and processes for our teams and the communities we serve. Engage with others in a way that is respectful and empathetic while ensuring all who we engage with are treated with dignity.
- Must be an atheist or atheist ally
International Association of Atheists embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse team in a culture where all members will contribute to their fullest potential.
IAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer