Mission 89 USA
Mission 89 USA is a branch of the international parent organization Mission 89. The organizations focus on research, education, and advocacy that fights the exploitation of young athletes in and around sport through social and economic transformation. For more information, visit mission89.org.
The Digital Research Librarian (DRL) is an archivist responsible for the organization, accessibility and preservation of the Mission 89 USA digital library. Mission 89 USA collects, organizes, and makes available to the public the materials and collections of its library which consists of Human trafficking (HT) resources including HT research, a HT government and non-profit agency contact address and services database and HT educational resources. The DRLI oversees all aspects of managing the library and collection website
· Create a cataloging system for organizing the Mission 89 USA resource library so that patrons can easily locate the information they desire.
· Responsible for cataloguing and maintaining accurate records of the collection.
· Work closely with the Mission 89 USA Research, Education and Advocacy teams and assist them with locating and/or developing the necessary resources to improve performance within departments.
· Support Mission 89 USA in determining areas of research that need to be studied, educational resources that need to be included in curriculum, and contact information of government and/or other agencies dedicated to eradicating human trafficking and Human Trafficking in sport.
· Edit and approve for archiving the abstracts submitted for entry into the Mission 89 USA library.
· Ensure that all information shared with the public is correctly licensed and up to date.
Skills and Experience Required for the Role
· Experience creating organizational databases.
· Good knowledge and understanding of human rights, human trafficking, and/or national and international sport preferred.
· Experience working autonomously and exercising judgement.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Working proficiency in English required, proficiency in other languages desired.
· This position is open to individuals who have completed at least 2 years of college. Graduate student, or post-graduate with master’s degree or higher preferred.
· Available to dedicate a minimum of 6 hours per week.
· Open to candidates from any location as work will be conducted remotely.
· This is a part-time unpaid volunteer position. The individual selected for this position will receive a letter of reference upon completion of their term of employment.
Mission 89 USA
Mission 89 USA is a branch of the international parent organization Mission 89. The organizations focus on research, education, and advocacy that fights the exploitation of young athletes in and around sport through social…
Please send your CV and cover letter to Dr. Tom Virgets at: email@example.com The deadline for applications is May 31, 2021. Priority will be given to applicants in Florida or the Washington D.C. Tri-State area of D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Dr. Tom Virgets at: firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for applications is May 31, 2021. Priority will be given to applicants in Florida or the…