The Blockchain &Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
We are looking for a passionate professional who takes a methodological approach to their work, conducts independent research and analysis, engages with key stakeholders and establishes strategic partnerships to progress the BCI’s core mission. Driving the end-to-end research process, conducting both independent research and support to members of working groups, publish research, produce briefing material for speeches and presentations for clients and external conferences; and turn actions into impacts to shape climate policy on a global platform. Volunteers with more experience may be appointed as Principal or Senior Research Officer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide research support for members of working groups in areas such as renewable energy, carbon trading, forest monitoring, natural resource management, blockchain technology, artificial intelligence, etc.
- To carry out primary and secondary research activities including both quantitative and qualitative, analytical examination and publishing high-quality research which draws appropriate conclusions;
- To generate opportunities for strategic partnerships;
- To attend conferences and events to promote the BCI, communicate research findings and insights via Powerpoint decks and engage with key stakeholders.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Excellent English writing skills and detail orientated;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to balance competing demands under pressure;
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present ideas appropriately and persuasively; and
- Aptitude in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish (desirable).
General & Specialist Knowledge:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office; and
- Strong depth of knowledge on topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance, blockchain technology and artificial intelligence preferred.
Education & Training:
- A relevant degree or training in relevant discipline preferred; and
- Experience in producing research outputs and structured reports for different audiences.
- Proven track record in research publications;
- Experience in building constructive relationships with stakeholders;
- Experience of working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using own initiative; and
- Experience in designing, planning and facilitating independent research and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- All Volunteers are expected to commit at least one day per week on average.