STRIVE4You is looking for a creative and passionate Web Editor to assist our Website Coordinator with developing and implementing our strive4you.org website content. As a assistant Website Editor, your main goal will be to produce high-quality web content that attracts an audience as part of the Marketing & Communications Team.
· Create, produce and manage high-quality content using the Word Press platform.
· Assist with visual layout of content
· Regularly check and track content for accuracy
· Edit, proofread and suggest improvements to written content.
· Work with the Marketing & Communications team members made up of marketing, social media professionals, photographers, and others to develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance brand identity, broaden awareness of program offerings, and increase visibility across key audiences.
· Integrate Social Media into website content for better presence
· Comply with copyright and privacy regulations
· Track and analyze website’s traffic, producing reports to present to the Website Coordinator and Marketing & Communications Team.
· Keep abreast with new trends in web technology
At STRIVE4You our mission is to empower all individuals with disabilities through training and recreation, while educating professionals to better serve their clients. We achieve this mission through providing professional development opportunities, disability awareness training, mentoring, and adaptive sports and recreational activities.
You can learn more about us at www.strive4you.org.
Assistant Web Editor requirements and qualifications
· Previous working experience as a Web Editor or working knowledge with Word Press is preferred
· Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
· experience with software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc. is preferred
· Attention to detail
· Creative thinker and problem solver
· Team player
· Good organizational and time-management skills
· Great interpersonal and communication skills
POSITION TIME REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate is available 10 – 12 hours a month, but may fluctuate based on current project.
This is an unpaid position; course credit arrangements are gladly negotiated. Volunteers are highly valued members of the STRIVE4You’s team and contribute to making a significant difference in STRIVE4You’s ability to reach the end users. STRIVE4You will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.
STRIVE4You is looking for a creative and passionate Web Editor to assist our Website Coordinator with developing and implementing our strive4you.org website content. As a assistant Website Editor, your main goal will be to produce…