The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will support the Director-General and head up the Administration Division to discharge relevant administrative duties for the Executive Committee, Working Groups and Advisory Board. With the support of Principal Executive Officers leading two branches (IT & Recruitment), your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Executive Committee with preparation of monthly e-mail updates for the Advisory Board;
- Coordinating the operations of Working Groups focusing on different climate policy areas;
- Drafting and preparing all relevant documents before and after quarterly Advisory Board meetings;
- Managing multiple calendars/diaries, meeting arrangements, conference calls and travel scheduling for the Director-General;
- Developing and implementing operational policies and procedures under the instruction of the Director-General;
- Managing all personnel matters among volunteers (e.g. probation period monitoring, reimbursement of authorised expenses); and
- Managing other ad-hoc administrative activities, and project requirements as needed; general administrative duties in support of various projects (e.g. management of the organisation’s virtual drive), etc.
What are we looking for?
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent English writing skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Proven ability to effectively multitask and prioritise work;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to follow instructions, respect authority and excellent reporting skills and follow up are a must; and
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive attitude is an indispensable skill required for this role
General & Specialist Knowledge
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office; and
- Some knowledge on topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance and blockchain technology preferred.
Education & Training
- Educated to degree level (second degree and/or professional qualification preferable , but not essential)
- At least five years of experience working in a similar role is essential, preferably acquired in a not-for-profit environment, the experience can be varied;
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office package, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint is essential to perform in this role.
- Experience of building constructive relationships with stakeholders; and
- Experience of working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using own initiative.
What difference will you make?
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic Assistant Director-General to join our Executive leadership team (preferably based in London, but not essential). The ideal candidate is driven and experienced, and looking to make a difference to international climate change governance.
What's in it for the volunteer?
- You will hone or learn new skills including research, presentation, writing, professional etiquette,
- Your mind will be mentally stimulated, hence providing you a sense of purpose;
- You will advance and boost your professional career by helping you to make professional connections and giving you real-world experience at the intersection between climate and emerging technologies; and
- Help you develop long-lasting professional relationships with others. People who come together to make the world a better place forge close connection.