Serve as the customer support agent supporting Red Cross managers, employees and volunteers who submit COVID-19-related exposure/diagnosis information to the HR mailbox: HR_COVID_Exposure@redcross.org.
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Human Resources (HR) team. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home opportunity). Due to the ongoing business need for this work, we regret that this position is not ideal for an individual who are temporarily home due to COVID-19.
Serve as customer support supporting Red Cross managers, employees and volunteers who submit COVID-19-related exposure/diagnosis information to the HR mailbox: HR_COVID_Exposure email
- Confirm details of staff’s exposure.
- Confirm medical guidance received by staff.
- Identify exposure to additional staff and clients.
- Open cases for all additional staff exposure.
- Report cases of client exposure to management team and appropriate medical director.
- Provide guidance on leave, alternate work, and pay.
- Take HR action based on each staff case.
- Review case information to identify gaps in data and/or needed follow-up.
- Follow up with managers, employees and/or volunteers for additional information.
- Data entry to bring a case to resolved status.
All qualifications are required:
- Professional experience maintaining sensitive and confidential information
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in human resources, labor relations or managing a team of employees
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to escalate cases as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel tracking and managing a shared inbox in Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate concern, patience, warmth, compassion
- High degree of attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Reliable internet service
- A phone with the ability to make and receive long distance calls