Human Health Project (HHP) is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to helping individuals increase their health knowledge through the sharing of health information. HHP collects, analyzes, and shares health information to empower and inform individuals to achieve better health outcomes. Our patient-centered approach enables patients and caregivers to choose treatments based on evidence-based clinical data as well as the cumulative knowledge of the HHP community. We envision a world where all people have the information, skills and opportunities to lead healthy lives.
For more Information about HHP, please visit our website: https://www.humanhealthproject.org/
Information on HHP IMPACT Program: https://tinyurl.com/HHP-IMPACT-US
Under the general direction of the Director of Creative Services, the Digital Media Producer will lead, develop, plan, schedule, supervise and coordinate the multimedia production needs of HHP. This position will primarily work with HHP’s leadership to help envision, inform, create and develop video, audio, animation and multimedia assets needed to support HHP’s fundraising efforts. This requires strong project management skills and intimate knowledge of multimedia and animation software and assets. Utilizes video editing software (i.e. Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and/or Final Cut and other relevant software packages and tools) to apply introductions, transitions effects, and editing. As needed, solicits signatures on permission forms from video subjects. This position may supervise a team of video producers, providing work assignments and ensuring quality control, logistical efficiency and file protocols.
- Lead the multimedia production coordination and workflow of a wide-range of video production needs. This includes, but is not limited to, lighting/sound configuration, client on-boarding, filming (studio/field/webinar), post-production, closed captioning, video broadcasting, asset archiving, etc.
- Capture quality video and audio content using a variety of devices in studio, webinar, and field settings. Envision content potential across multiple media. Build up abstract and initial concepts, ideas, and goals into appropriate and actionable content for the emerging media space. Also provides animation production including, but not limited to, developing visual frames with 2D/3D or other techniques. Ability to turn scripts and/or concepts into appropriate level of computer-generated animation. Develop storyboards for initial stages of production, create models of animation by hand or electronically, join images to background graphics and special effects and ensure synchronization of frames with master and audio.
- Actively identify potential content development opportunities for a variety of media, taking into account the relative strengths and feature-sets of each medium.
- Present content ideas and initiatives with appropriate communication polish, and adapt presentations into appropriate-for-audience terms (production team, external collaborators, funders, etc.)
- Select, assemble and position equipment (cameras, stands, mics, audio recorders etc.). Shoot scenes according to requirements. Scope and select suitable shoot locations. Prepare cameras and test angles or camera movements. Capture quality footage from a fixed or moving position
- Manipulate and edit video and audio. Select suitable soundtracks. Select suitable B-roll based on requirements. Determine stock photography based on requirements. Aggregate, trim and sort B-roll and incorporate within existing templates. Generate templates, lower thirds and bumpers. Trim footage segments and sequence. Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects. Create rough and final cuts. Edit autonomously, when needed.
- Uploads final video content to several platforms (such as YouTube, Google, Vimeo, etc.). Manage media storage/achieve library and the media broadcasting/storage related tools, such as Vimeo, YouTube, Google Drive.
- Apply ADA Compliant assets to the final deliverables.
- Perform technical editorial functions as required, which could include importing, string-outs, rough cuts, fine cuts, picture lock, graphic design & integration, audio sweetening/mixing, color correction, file conversions/transcoding, final delivery and archiving.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE:
- In collaboration with instructional designers, critically assess, develop, and manage efficient content creation workflows and timeline.
- Maintain the flow of tasks to complete projects within expected timeline taking ultimate responsibility for delivery of high-quality video assets that meet and surpass expectations.
STAFF SUPERVISION AND TRAINING:
- Recruit, supervise and train staff video producer(s). Assign tasks, coordinate and develop schedules, provide training instructions and feedback, monitor work efficiency and quality, manage deadlines, performance management, etc.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- BA with a major in instructional media, communications or a related field – OR equivalent work experience as demonstrated within a portfolio of past projects;
- Strong project management skills and intimate knowledge of multimedia and animation software and assets.
- Ability to effectively work with instructional designers and faculty to help envision, inform, create and develop video, audio, animation and multimedia assets needed to support promotional videos and webinars
- Experience using broadcast cameras and DSLR's, managing lighting and sound equipment, and staging studio and location sets for filming.
- Expertise with non-linear video editing techniques and software (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut, etc.).
- Excellent attention to detail from start to finish on set and in editing suite.
- Ability to analyze a video/media production and achieve certain aesthetics and quality control standards.
- Knowledge to apply ADA Compliant assets to the final deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Supervisory experience with the ability to train and develop others.
- Highly responsible, including timely notification of supervisor in the event of issues affecting video quality during filming or absences.
- Familiarity with social media platforms.
- Expert computer skills with a wide knowledge of various software programs. Ability to utilize video editing software (i.e. Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and/or Final Cut) to apply introductions, transitions and other effects. Ability to utilize 2D and 3D animation software to integrate appropriate animations into productions.