School Group is looking for a proactive developer to join our team as the Web Developer. In this role, you will maintain the online learning site (addressing any technical issues as needed) as well as lead any future technical development. Future development may include helping us to edit/add functionality to the site and develop new integrated products to continue to improve our product. This is a unique opportunity to help implement our vision of providing the first online resource database for K-12 students around the globe. If you have strong technical skills and a passion for advancing socially impactful technology, we want to hear from you!
- Lead the technical development of the School Group online learning development effort, including maintaining our online learning site (fixing any technical errors as needed), adding/editing new functionality, etc.
- Work closely with the Product Management department to ensure that all technical development user stories contain correct level of detail for development.
- Identify user needs and goals through user-centered design.
- Conduct usability testing and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Act as a primary point of contact between School Group and any outsourced technical development assistance.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Product Managers and DevOps
- Strong technical skills with passion for web design and development.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in (or current undergraduate student majoring in) computer science and engineering or related engineering.
- Willingness and ability to prioritize School Group.
- Previous experience with front-end or full-stack web application development
- Thorough understanding of PHP, HTML and CSS.
- Experience working with UI/UX teams to translate wireframes into a robust product.
- Experience collaborating with a development, DevOps and product teams utilizing Atlassian Tools such as Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket and MS Virtual Studio.
- Must have a positive "can do" attitude and be willing to work collaboratively.
- Must have a proactive approach to keeping our systems and data safe.
- Must have a strong passion for advancing the technical development of our School Group Product.
- Experience with user-centered design research and/or open-source code.
- *If you have a personal GitHub, please also include a link to your profile in your application email@example.com.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.