Please visit https://www.californiavolunteers.ca.gov/americorps-vip-health-action-response-team/ to apply!
Application Deadline: May 24th, 2021
Service Term: July 12 - December 17, 2021
Are you ready to step up to meet California’s greatest needs? We are currently recruiting AmeriCorps VIP-HART members and you could be just the person we are looking for!
Volunteer Infrastructure Project - Health Action Response Team (VIP-HART) members are AmeriCorps members responding to the state’s emergency response to COVID-19 and its impacts on our most vulnerable populations in CA. HART members will provide critical support for agencies leading efforts in the COVID-19 vaccination rollout and support of food security in their communities. AmeriCorps VIP-HART Members will leave a legacy in the communities they serve by building lasting systems of volunteer engagement and management, making a direct impact on people’s lives during times of disaster and emergency response.
VIP-HART Members will be a part of a statewide network of over 100 AmeriCorps VIP Members, and placed in small teams of 5 or more in their community who meet regularly for collaboration and training. Extensive training in volunteer management and nonprofit professional skills is offered.
Essential AmeriCorps VIP-HART Duties
- Recruit one-time volunteers for general support (i.e. registration, parking, crowd management) and skilled ongoing volunteers such as medical professionals or multilingual interpreters
- Schedule, train and provide onsite leadership and management of volunteers
- Perform community outreach and education to hard to reach populations
- Vaccination phone line and registration support
- Track and collect essential volunteer data
- Recruit one-time and ongoing volunteers for food banks, pantries, and other food distributions
- Schedule, onboard, and train volunteers
- Directly supervise, manage and recognize food assistance volunteers
- Provide business partnership outreach, development and procurement of in-kind goods and funds to support the agency volunteer program.
AmeriCorps VIP-HART members can also help develop volunteer plans, protocols and structures in place so your agency is better prepared to recruit and manage volunteers that meet your needs during the next time a disaster calls.
- Full time, 6 month commitment serving a minimum of 900 hours, may include some evenings and weekends
- Service term: June 14th, 2021 to November 30, 2021
- Hours are generally Monday – Friday from 8:00 – 6:00PM (varies slightly by Partner Site)
- Member must be able to report directly to service site, unless an exception has been approved in advance according to agency needs.
- Teleservice may be allowed and/or required for various situations (e.g. COVID-19, public health emergency or natural disaster). A Teleservice Request Form must be submitted and approved by the Program Manager prior to accruing or performing any remote service hours.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Positively represent VIP-HART in a variety of settings, including recruitment opportunities, staff meetings, trainings, and service events
- Assist with other community building activities at the Partner Site
- Create and maintain positive relationships with program staff
- Conform to regular, timely attendance requirements at the assigned service site
- Duties take place at multiple site locales throughout California with training seminars at designated locations. Position requires occasional travel. Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, as well as some night and weekend hours
- Must meet the program essential job functions; reasonable accommodations available upon request
- Must be able to adapt to change in work environment, accept criticism and feedback, effectively handle multiple tasks and competing demands, work cooperatively in group situations work actively to resolve conflicts, and work well with others on a team
- Work independently and as a member of a team with strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Possess leadership and interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- An interest in and/or a background in community service and volunteerism
Benefits of Service:
- Monthly stipend of $2,000
- Segal Education Award of $3097.50
- $250 moving allowance (over 250 miles)
- Possible student loan deferment and interest repayment
- Extensive Professional Development and experiential learning opportunities
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Must be at least 18 years of age (17 with parental approval)
- Clear criminal background check (DOJ and FBI; National Sex Offender Public Database).
- Submit current, clear TB (tuberculosis) test
- Must have at least a high school diploma or a GED by start date
- Must either be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
- Must not have more than 3 terms of service previously with AmeriCorps State and National programs
- Organized, responsible, flexible, motivated and professional
- Strong personal standards of excellence, ethics and integrity
- Ability to be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the program’s safety policies and rules