CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Anjali’s online platforms include a website and blog on Wordpress (www.anjali-house.com), a Facebook page, Instagram page, LinkedIn page and a Youtube channel.
The objectives of these online platforms are to:
- Increase the visibility of the organization with its target audience.
- Recruit volunteers
- Fundraise to support Anjali’s programs
- Write the e-newsletter
- Create regular content for social media (videos, photos, albums, stories, etc.)
- Assist in the development of communications materials (graphics, brochures, etc.)
- Help design content for donors (Annual Report, Scholarship Student Report, thank you notes, etc.)
- Maintain Anjali’s blog and video presence (i.e., “Month in action” videos)
- Strategy and analysis:
- Assist the Communication and Fundraising Manager in improving and implementing a strategy for Anjali’s website and social media platforms
- Monitor website traffic using Google analytics and social media pages (documented in a quarterly report)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Communications and/or marketing experience. Fundraising experience not required but highly desirable
- Video editing and photography
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Good knowledge of Wordpress
- Creative thinking about communications strategies
- Good knowledge of Google analytics
- Result oriented
- Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners including the beneficiaries
- Willing and able to live in a developing country with limited or different resources and standards of living
- Understanding and respect of Cambodian culture
Minimum 3 months
- Volunteers and interns can apply to this mission
- The volunteer/intern must be covered by medical insurance for the duration of the mission
- The volunteer/intern shall not receive any remuneration and shall be responsible for covering all costs incurred during the mission as we do not have the capacity to pay for these allowances
- As this role will involve direct contact with children a criminal background check will be required
- We ask volunteers for a one-off donation of $250 to go into our general budget, which supports our programs. The $250 contribution is to offset administrative expenses for volunteers and serves as a general contribution to our NGO; a standard practice at most charities in Southeast Asia.
Note: The missions are general and can be changed according to the current needs of the organisation.