We seek a Communications and Development Volunteer to help grow our small, thriving nonprofit.
This position will work closely with senior management and other staff to support fundraising and other aspects of resource development, and various communications needs. This position may require occasional night and weekend hours.
- Draft and schedule/post content on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Update website with events and other information
- Write and edit monthly email newsletters, program brochures, flyers, etc.
- Work with staff to develop and implement strategies to improve organizational visibility, such as potential press opportunities and other public relations activities
- Prepare and/or print presentation media and materials
- Communicate with volunteers about upcoming opportunities and staff volunteer events as needed
- Help maintain Google AdWords Grant account
- Represent Perfect Inc. at external events
- Support grant writing process – work with Senior staff to draft and edit proposals; research and track opportunities; manage timelines; and provide follow-up
- Assist with donor conversion and stewardship activities, such as: making phone calls; managing donor database entry; drafting donor updates; creating invitations; and writing thank you notes
- Help develop email and online fundraising strategies, campaigns and calls to action for Spring 2ACTion, Giving Tuesday, and End of Year
- Work with team to develop and execute consistent communication to cultivate and grow donor base
- Implement and monitor metrics and analysis of fundraising campaigns
- Help plan and execute Graduations and other special events
- Attend Development workshops and trainings and take notes to share with team
- As a small nonprofit, everyone pitches in where needed and other duties may be required as needed.
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills; ability to translate technical information into lay language; experience in developing and organizing communication materials for varying audiences
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to help drive projects to completion and multi-task
- Basic image editing skills, familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Canva, and/or similar tools a plus
- Analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to use good judgment, take initiative and make recommendations in resolving problems and provide guidance to staff
- Self-starter, dynamic and able to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Eager to learn and contribute to a small team
Other Helpful Caracteristics
- Responsive to direction and feedback
- Ability to work independently and remotely with a diverse team