Our Disaster Relief Operations department is seeking volunteers to serve on a Disaster Action Team (DAT) to respond to and provide 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
- Work as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
- Access and enter case data to our RC Care System
- Work with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to DAT Leadership.
- Attend regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Commit to being available during assigned shifts and communicates scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by DAT Leadership.
- Demonstrate commitment to mission of the American Red Cross
- Remain current with all required training.
- Able to respond reliably to local disasters when on call.
- Able to follow Red Cross DAT and other related standards and procedures.
- Reliable access to technology (including smartphone and laptop or computer)
- Ability to learn and use Red Cross systems, including RC Care and RC Respond and online interfaces.
- Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions such as poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene.
- Ability to take direction from steady state and operational leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.