In this role, you will be responsible for planning and executing School Group’s email marketing campaigns from start to finish, including from setup, testing, execution and post-campaign analytics, The ideal candidate should be passionate about creating mission-driven emails, including e-newsletters and other relevant content.
- Owning all aspects of our email marketing, including acquisition and list growth, email design, campaign sends, and triggered, transactional and lifecycle programs.
- Developing email strategies to continuously improve channel performance, including testing and optimization to drive growth and improve KPIs.
- Leading email segmentation strategy to identify segments and opportunities to tailor email communication for target audiences and touchpoints along the donor journey.
- Developing strategies and implement plans for new email marketing initiatives with a focus on a personalization, segmentation, dynamic content and other innovations.
- Developing and deliver and develop analysis of weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting, with actionable steps to improve performance
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Add positions consulted for this role, both internal and external. Also include direct reports, if any, and level of supervision.
- 2+ years of experience with email marketing, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple email campaigns and projects simultaneously
- High energy and creativity, possess a clean design aesthetic
- Passion for creating emails, analytics, testing, and reviewing results
- Knowledge of email best practices in creating templates, dynamic content, testing methodologies, list segmentation, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM laws
- Hands on experience working with Mailchimp.
- Degree in English, Business, Marketing, e-Commerce or related field preferred
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.