As Product Manager you will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. This also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Lead Technical Support Managers and coordinate cross-functional teams to deliver against the goals.
- Work with senior leadership to develop, manage, & execute organizational plans and roadmap
- Define standard operating procedures for infrastructure processes such as capacity planning, provisioning, security and encryption.
- Define key performance metrics/ KPIs and service level agreements for the Product Development Team and track the team’s progress against established KPI’s and SLAs.
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Help your teams remove impediments, focus and prioritize to achieve their goals and milestones.
- Maintain presentations, communications, and other artifacts necessary to explain your products inside and outside SG.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Product Development department
- SG Leadership team
- Human Resources
- Internal Departments
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Deep understanding of the global product development and strategies involved and trends.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing, interpersonal, relationship-building and collaboration skills.
- Ability to successfully interface with senior-level internal stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into product plans and programs.
- Flexibility to partner with and negotiate with colleagues and customers at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Experience working cross-functionally in new product development process developing business cases, marketing requirements and coordinating product launch activities.
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!