PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. The Event Experience Chair plays a critical role in ensuring the success of PurpleStride through creating an engaging experience that the community will embrace and choose to return year after year.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Actively recruit and manage event experience committee members.
- Collaborate with other PurpleStride planning committee chairs to develop the event experience plan including entertainment, ceremonies, recognition and activities.
- Lead event experience committee to execute a plan for: Top team, flagships, Grand Club member & sponsor appreciation and recognition; Ceremony speakers & participants – ensure messages are timed and appropriate; Purple Play Zone; Photographers & photo area; Overall event experience
- Partner with PurpleStride chair and committee to create and execute a strategy to grow participation and quality of the event.
- Leverage kickoffs as an opportunity to promote event experience elements.
- Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with PurpleStride Chair.
- Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
- Respond to inquiries within two business days.
- All volunteer committee positions are expected to regularly communicate with their local volunteer leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc.) and demonstrate a commitment to the PanCAN mission.
- Strong leader, communicator and motivator
- A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of community
- Strong time management
- Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission