Learning doesn’t have to stop just because it’s summertime. We are looking for STEM Instructors to virtually teach children ages 4-13 over the summer. If you have experience in the STEM-related fields and are willing to share your passion with the youth, then this opportunity might be right for you.
- Conduct virtual classes for a group of youth once or twice per week
- Must draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week and materials needed to perform projects
- Engage the students during the class and help them develop imaginative and analytical thinking skills
- Prepare students for a virtual demonstration performance in August
- Complete weekly session notes following each class
- Communicate with parents to provide updates on their child’s progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for sessions, and other communications as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with the Program Director and Program Manager via email and participation in scheduled facilitator meetings to update on student progress, class attendance, etc.
- Early Learners STEM Instructor
- Coding & Computer Science Instructor
- Robotics Instructor
- Prior experience teaching or tutoring Pre-K and elementary level children preferred
- At least 2 years experience working or learning your STEM field
- Knowledge of online STEM software and platforms
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
Hours of work and duration of commitment: Must be available up to 5 hours per week (Monday - Saturday). Minimum 3 month commitment from June through August 2021.