Min Qualifications required:
Bachelors degree in Human Resources
Min Experience Required: (in no. of yrs)
Experience or Knowledge in a specific subject or area required:
Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including organizational development and recruiting.
Minimum Volunteer hours required: (in hrs per week)
5 to 10 Hrs
Business for America
Project Duration: (in months)
Business For America (BFA) is a nonprofit organization that is encouraging businesses from the Fortune 500 to Main Street to get involved in promoting a healthy democracy. Volunteering for BFA means you’ll get to create marketing content about giving employees time off to vote, investing in election security, and promoting civic engagement in local communities.
- HR Business Partners work to provide support and influence to their designated departments.
- HR Business Partners also deliver the best practice and HR solutions that support their assigned departmental area in conjunction with specialist HR functions.
- Prepare job descriptions and role analysis for the roles required for their team.
- Recruitment efforts which include; sourcing, interviewing, accessing applicants, extending offers, uploading applicant profiles in applicant tracking system, and forwarding applicants to onboarding.
- Concern management & query handling for the volunteers of their assigned area.
- Collaborate with META Volunteers to ensure each volunteer is adequately assigned tasks and is engaged.
- Volunteer data management for the team, which includes tracking the skillset within the team, skill gaps, and list of active volunteers at any point of time.
- Effective communication with the Sourcing Operations team to post roles on websites for any vital roles to fill in skill set gaps.
- Update volunteer details who rescind their candidacy during the interview process or resign once onboarded.
- Respond to all inquiries within a timely manner preferably within 48 business hours.
- Schedule virtual catch up meetings and check-in with Meta volunteers to address any concerns on a biweekly basis via phone and/or Skype.
- Attend team meetings via Google Hangouts and conference calls.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force for all communication efforts.
- Sincere commitment to work collaborating with all constituent groups, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work virtually, independently, enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Comfortable working in a startup phase non-profit organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite/Google Suite