The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO-Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/philanthropic organizations. It also offers community leadership opportunities to professionals. CLASS collaborates with its clients - the Non-Profit Organizations to help them realize their mission and create tangible value. CLASS offers business consulting services in Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources/ Organization, Finance and IT.
We are looking for motivated and committed individuals to join our volunteer-driven teams.
Position Type: Volunteering (All volunteering positions at The Class Consulting Group are unpaid)
- Lead business development activities in seeking business with NPO prospects & develop relationship with new NPO clients.
- Build CLASS's brand and develop marketing programs (like key speaking engagements for staff and community) that will drive new business growth.
- Mentor and advise management team on strategies and development of various marketing communications channels and web presences including, electronic/social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), newsletter, public relations, website and printed collateral.
- Foster relationship with past and current clients
- Provide leadership to the team and mentor team leads.
- Responsible for growth and sound governing of the organization.
- Ensure fulfillment of the mission of the organization and strongly advocate organizational values.
- Oversee organization's budget utilization and evaluate the organization's progress toward strategic goals and ensure sufficient resources.
- Act as ambassador for the organization. Promote the organization's image and public standing. Help promote diversity.
- Practice strategic planning and set clearly defined goals to initiate and lead the team evaluation and KPI.
Please note the position reports to the Board President.
Education Qualification & Experience
- 15+ years of experience in the area of expertise (Management, Strategy, Marketing, Nonprofits, Sales, Consulting, Academia, Business Development, Client relationship etc.).
- Experienced in developing, implementing and evaluating marketing and branding strategies.
- Demonstrated interest/passion in the non-profit/social responsibility sector.
- Experienced in leading large teams effectively
- Solid professional reputation.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Visionary leader
- Strong team-builder and a team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to lead CLASS's growth strategy.
- Honesty, integrity and respect for others.
- Minimum commitment of 1term (3 years) for the unpaid / pro-bono position.
- Time: 10-15 hours per month (excluding meeting time) depending on the need.
- Attend Monthly Board meetings.
- Attend Weekly Meetings: 2 in-person (once COVID related restrictions are lifted) and 2 conference calls.
- Continuous learning
- Leadership development opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- An opportunity to give back to the community