The writing team is seeking volunteers to write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals. The writing team will apply collaborative skills, knowledge, methods, and plans to reach program goals.
This volunteer position requires individuals who have excellent writing skills and can be versed in different writing styles, and communication skills is self-motivated, reliable, organized, thorough, and timely.
Information Related to The Job Description:
- The position is unpaid. (Volunteer)
- Training will be provided. (Just need to have strong writing skills)
- Deadline-driven team players with multitasking abilities.
- If seeking credit or practicum hours, additional documents will be required.
- Develops proposal by assembling information, including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposals (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts, including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards, including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
Time, Tools, Location
- We work off Eastern Standard Time (Some accommodations can be made for out of the US)
- We do not have set hours per week.
- We work off weekly check-ins. We expect you as a volunteer to manage your hours to meet check-ins.
- All Volunteering positions will be held virtual (Zoom)
- This is a remote volunteer opportunity.
- Meaning you can be located anywhere in the United States provided you have a computer and a reliable internet connection.
- This opportunity is flexible. However, we will work on the deadlines needed to ensure a successful grant submission.
Preferred Qualifications and skills:
- Be willing to experiment, comfortable trying new things, not afraid to fail, and interested in HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ matters.
- Microsoft Office
- Excel, Word,
- G-suits, Google products.
- Time management, Interpersonal skills, Strong people skills., Organizational skills, Ability to meet deadlines, and ability to work independently.