A bilingual (Spanish/English) Social Media Volunteer is sought to promote, develop and maintain our online presence in order to maximize our impact and to promote ourselves as widely as possible to the local community and international stakeholders. This role will likely begin as a remote position, however, in-country placement may be considered.
- Help create and maintain a social media plan coordinating development with Honduran and US team members.
- Use social media to promote the activities and achievements of the Olancho Aid Foundation.
- Keep social media channels updated on a frequent basis.
- Encourage others to comment on posts and share them with others.
- Ensure that communication reaches a wide range of local and international stakeholders and a diverse audience.
- Develop and manage content for our website and social media, such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook & YouTube.
- Select relevant channels to reach our diverse audiences.
- Track the effectiveness of our social media work and recommend ways forward.
- Test content and review its impact.
- Keep up to date with the Olancho Aid project and donor events and news, and choosing what to promote through our social media feeds.
- Connect with project coordinators and directors and attend our events with a view to writing articles about them on our blog.
RELEVANT SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, and EXPERIENCE
- An understanding of different types of marketing and communications media, including electronic and social media.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English & Spanish, be articulate, with strong writing skills and the ability to feedback accurately.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Good understanding of confidentiality.
- Ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised.
- An interest in, knowledge of, Honduras or Latin America.
SUPPORT PROVIDED TO THE VOLUNTEER
- A full induction
- Full training on all aspects of the role
- Regular direction from Olancho Aid leadership
- On-going support with an allocated person from Olancho Aid
- Opportunities to become involved in other areas of OAF’s work
BENEFITS OF BEING A SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEER
- Development of communication, data management, and social media skills
- PR and marketing experience
- Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of the Olancho Aid Foundation
- Experience in working with education and nonprofit organizations
- Gain knowledge and understanding of international development and nonprofit organizations
- References to add to your CV
- Be part of a team of volunteers and meet new people
- Increase your confidence and gain new skills including ongoing development and training
- Understanding of the functions of Olancho Aid Foundation
- Becoming a valued part of OAF, in helping us to become influential and effective at engaging local and international supporters and audiences.
ABOUT THE OLANCHO AID FOUNDATION
The Olancho Aid Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, Catholic organization building an economically sustainable community in Honduras that provides families an opportunity to stay well, stay together and an option to stay at home. It works collaboratively with the Diocese of Juticalpa to accomplish this mission through the Olancho Aid Institute and the management and support of a college-prep high school, school for students with special needs, and educational opportunities for international volunteers, groups and strategic advisors.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF OLANCHO, HONDURAS
Olancho is one of the 18 departments into which Honduras is divided. The department covers a total surface area of 24,351 square kilometers and has an estimated population of 458,356 inhabitants. The capital is Juticalpa. Olancho’s terrain varies from rugged mountains to rolling plains that are watered by the Guayape River and its tributaries. The community faces challenges due to climate instability, migration, and limited economic opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.