Volunteer Social Media Manager
Green Generations is an education nonprofit that empowers children with self-esteem and mindfulness education. We partner with schools across NYC to build community across generations towards creating a more compassionate and just world full of love and joy.
We are seeking a passionate, enthusiastic, and mission-aligned volunteer team member with experience in developing and executing social media campaigns. As we expand our services to reach more students throughout NYC, we also need to increase our social media presence and audience engagement. This volunteer will collaborate with Green Generations Founder and Executive Director, Adrienne Heim, to articulate a social media strategy, develop content and post content to increase audience engagement across multiple platforms.
- Help coordinate and execute on digital marketing strategies to engage existing and new community members across multiple platforms.
- Help manage social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Ensure a consistent voice is communicated across all channels to effectively share our mission, news, events, and related creative content.
- Promote special events and workshops through social and digital media outlets.
- Provide bi-monthly analytics report to inform how the social media strategy should be adapted.
- Ability to create info-graphics a plus.
- Passionate about Green Generations’s mission, goals and programming.
- Dependable, enthusiastic, flexible, trustworthy team player with a high degree of integrity.
- Experience using social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Experience with public relations, marketing, and/or communications.
- Familiarity with database tracking and analytics.
- Self-starter who takes initiative with ability to work independently and remotely while meeting deadlines.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in oral and written English required.
- Proficiency in oral and written Spanish, a strong plus.
- Knowledge of CRM software is a plus.
- Average 5-6 hours/month.
- Occasional virtual meetings with the Board of Directors and/or the External Affairs Committee.
- Greater up-front time investment for training and setting up efficient systems with the Executive Director and the Board.
- One year minimum commitment, with the opportunity to join our team as we grow and expand. This is a great opportunity for someone who is pursuing work in nonprofit communications.
- Flexible with some availability during work hours (9am-5pm) for meetings