The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteer-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain and other emerging technology in the global fight against climate change.
We are looking to recruit highly motivated and enthusiastic volunteers who will serve as (Principal / Senior) Strategy Officers, leading the strategy research of the organisation in the Strategy Section of the Director-General’s Office.
The ideal candidates are driven and experienced, and looking to make a difference to international climate change governance. The successful candidates will be competent strategists with experience managing teams and projects from inception to completion. Working with initiative and having a desire to find solutions to organisational problems should be second nature. Experience as a strategist or management consultant in a public sector organisation will be highly beneficial, as will finance experience in a non-profit environment.
We are currently seeking skilled, experienced strategists serving as management consultants to join our growing organisation. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), you will help analyse and develop sponsorship and government-focused innovation support proposals relevant to BCI’s scope of activities. You must be a natural communicator who can gain consensus, be accurate, understandable and provide actionable suggestions to guide BCI’s activities to be more functional, more successful, adding to BCI’s core internal competencies.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate short-term or long-term projects, addressing a range of issues and needs;
- Collaborate with the management or other volunteers to action respective goals and requirements;
- Utilise both traditional and modern assessment tools, such as interviews, surveys, and evaluations, strategic frameworks etc.;
- Understand situational interpretations and analyse data to identify and understand challenges;
- Draft discussion papers, present and explain findings to the Executive Committee and Advisory Board;
- Provide advice or suggestions for improvements that meet our objectives;
- Formulate plans for implementation of recommendations;
- Negotiate and overcome objections from stakeholders and various levels of management; and
- Suggest and resource training needed to meet challenges that may arise.
Key requirements include:
- BSc/BA/MBA in Business or relevant discipline required;
- Additional professional qualifications or certifications a plus;
- Significant work experience as Strategist, Management Consultant or another relevant role;
- Proven experience in project management of large multi-phase projects;
- Strong working knowledge of business management best practices;
- Solid knowledge of data analysis and research techniques;
- Familiarity with common business software, project management programs and IT systems;
- Able to develop and present detailed, actionable proposals and plans;
- Impeccable organisational skills;
- Aptitude for analytical and creative thinking;
- Excellent listening skills with an ability to communicate with professionals in various disciplines;
- Managing other ad-hoc activities as needed.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional written English, the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate colleagues as needed
- Proven ability to effectively multitask and prioritise work;
- Excellent problem-solving skills; and
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive attitude
General & Specialist Knowledge
- Strong management consulting expertise is essential for this role.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power-point is essential to perform in this role; and
- Some knowledge on topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance and blockchain technology preferred.
Education & Training
- Educated to at least Bachelor’s degree level (Master’s degree& MBA preferred)
- Proven experience working in a similar role is essential, ideally acquired in a consulting practice and/or non-profit environment;
- Experience of building constructive relationships with stakeholders; and
- Experience of working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using own initiative.