Black Girls Movement, formerly American Woman, has a mission that matters more today than ever before: We fight systemic racism against Black girls by providing them with equal access to STEM education and resources. We are passionate about bridging the gap and increasing representation of Black women in STEM fields. We do this by connecting black female students interested in science, tech, engineering, and math with unique learning and mentoring opportunities. Currently, we’re serving high school girls, and we envision expanding our programming to serve Pre-K and kindergartners as well as elementary and middle school ages. We are a nonprofit charitable organization. Learn more at https://www.blackgirlsmovement.org/.
You can help the BGM mission by joining our enthusiastic team of volunteers as a Development Manager.
The Development Manager is responsible for:
• Work with the CEO, key staff and volunteers to identify the strategic and tactical needs that may be appropriate for grant support.
• Develop and implement a written plan for identifying, qualifying, cultivating and soliciting corporate, foundation and government donors.
• Meet deadlines for new/renewal grant proposals and grant compliance/performance outcome reports.
• Develop and implement a written plan for stewarding a portfolio of supporters.
• Work cooperatively with the CEO, key staff and volunteers to ensure grant requirements are communicated/understood and appropriate staff are held accountable for commitments/program effectiveness
• Meet agreed upon dollar goals for new, renewed and upgraded grant awards
Ideally you have:
• Demonstrated success in securing grants and major gifts work, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts
• Demonstrated ability to write a compelling case for support accurately, persuasively, concisely, and technically.
• Ability to set priorities and manage grant development strategies from conception through coordination and cultivation to completion.
• Familiarity with CRMs
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing and/or business administration or related field; coursework in nonprofit fundraising
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal guidance and structure, and follow an approval process
This is an unpaid volunteer position. Volunteers are expected to make a 6- to 9-week commitment. All tasks will be completed remotely through web video-calls; webcam capabilities preferred.
Black Girls Movement, formerly American Woman, has a mission that matters more today than ever before: We fight systemic racism against Black girls by providing them with equal access to STEM education and resources. We are passionate about…