Esteem Girls trains volunteers each year, comprised of undergraduate students and highly qualified high school students, to help implement its after school, community STEM education, tutoring, and summer camp programs. The Esteem Girls Internship Program encourages talented science, technology, engineering, math (STEM), education majors, and high school students to pursue working with elementary and middle school-age students. It provides hands-on, advanced program implementation and pre-service teaching experience in STEM activities. The position allows students to make important contributions to Esteem Girls and the community while being potential STEM educators and/or program implementers to work within their field of study and grow professionally and personally.
Esteem Girls is seeking multiple ESTEEM LEADERS to help stir our fun, hands-on, STEM-focused summer camps in Philadelphia. This is a great opportunity to work directly with elementary and middle school girls with hands-on science, engineering, technology, and math activities. Esteem Leaders have the opportunity to improve their classroom management skills, teaching style, leadership abilities, and gain curriculum writing experience. Join Esteem Girls efforts to educate, empower, and build girl’s self-esteem in STEM! Program leaders serve as positive and fun role models for the girls!
Why Become an Esteem Girl Leader?
• Gain experience in program logistics and implementation
• Hands-on work experience in an educational setting
• Deliver fun, informal STEM programs with small groups of students
• Improve classroom management skills, teaching style, and gain curriculum writing experience
• Increase your confidence delivering STEM-focused material
• On the job training in 1) academic enrichment stem education 2) the Esteem Girls method 3) socioeconomic and gender equity in the classroom, and 4) other issues relating to STEM and integrated STEM education
• Enhance your leadership and communication skills
• STEM and/or Education majors
• High School student excelling in math and/or science
• Positive, outgoing, and flexible personality
• Self-motivated and dedicated individual
• Experience working with girls (preferred)
• Goal-oriented and good time manager
• Classroom management skills helpful
• Ability to succeed in an informal classroom atmosphere
• Extremely organized
• Excellent communication skills
• Reliable transportation
• Minority or from an under-resourced community (preferred)
• Lead after-school/summer curriculum (curriculum provided by Esteem Girls)
• Implement and run engaging icebreakers
• Prepare materials needed prior to each week (Esteem Girls provides materials)
• Learn and implement the Esteem Girls method within ALL program activities
• Maintain program attendance and evaluation information
• Act as an Esteem Girls liaison to students
• Responsible for clean up after lessons
• Facilitate classroom management techniques
• Act as a positive role model for girls
• Provide feedback to Program Director
• HAVE FUN!
• Other duties as needed
June 28th-August 20th
Monday through Friday
15 hours per week
Esteem Girls trains volunteers each year, comprised of undergraduate students and highly qualified high school students, to help implement its after school, community STEM education, tutoring, and summer camp programs. The Esteem Girls…
Please make sure your resume has your best contact number!