Recovery Program Solutions of Virginia (RPSV) is a nonprofit that supports adults with mental health, substance use, and homelessness issues across Northern Virginia. RPSV operates five Centers across Northern Virginia, in Annandale, Arlington, Merrifield, Reston, and South County Alexandria. At our Centers, we offer community referrals, peer support groups, one-on-one peer support, employment assistance, computer lab, and Wi-Fi, landline phone access, recreational therapy, socialization, and more.
RPSV also offers 10 virtual support groups covering a variety of subjects, including the ABCs of Recovery and Overcoming Loneliness. Additionally, RPSV’s Warm Line provides a safe place for people to call when they need a listening ear. The Warm Line also offers virtual one-on-one sessions and Spanish-speaking operators. RPSV supports ~9,000 adults across Northern Virginia annually. Rpsva.org
RPSV Board Member Roles and Responsibilities
· Support and further develop the mission, goals, and policies of the organization, what we should accomplish, and how we should conduct ourselves in the process.
· Develop a long-range plan for the organization; define our strategy and a time frame for achievement of our goals.
· Ensure the long-term financial stability and strength of the organization, develop, and maintain sources of income to provide for the continuing operation of the organization.
· Ensure the long-term organizational stability and strength of the organization, bring into the organization individuals with the necessary abilities to lead and manage the organization in the future.
· Maintain the integrity, independence, and ideals of the organization; do not allow individuals or organizations to compromise these principles.
· Hire and develop an executive director to manage the operations of the organization.
· Exercise management oversight of the executive director and the operations, approve annual budgets, review operating and financial results, audit for compliance with internal policies and external requirements, review performance against goals.
· Be committed to the mission, goals, and policies of the organization.
· Perform the functions and work of the board to the best of one’s ability.
· Recommend others who could serve on the board or be of value to the organization in other capacities.
· Avoid any conflicts of interest and situations that would compromise the principles of the organization or lead to the perception of compromise.
· Be knowledgeable about the organization, the services it provides, and the community in which it operates.
The treasurer is the financial officer of the organization and in this capacity shall:
· Perform those functions delegated to the treasurer by the president.
· Safeguard the assets of the organization.
· Maintain control over the receipt and disbursement of the organization’s funds.
· Serve as chair of the Finance committee.
· Oversee the preparation of the annual budget.
Recovery Program Solutions of Virginia (RPSV) is a nonprofit that supports adults with mental health, substance use, and homelessness issues across Northern Virginia. RPSV operates five Centers across Northern Virginia, in Annandale…
Please forward your resume. Learn more at rpsva.org.