Min Qualifications required:
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
- Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Work well both individually and with others
- Relevant, complementary management and/or technical skills/operational experience
Min Experience Required: (in no. of yrs)
Experience or Knowledge in a specific subject or area required:
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
Minimum Volunteer hours required: (in hrs per week)
5 to 10 hours
CrowdDoing supports a social innovation venture lab and a portfolio of social enterprises. Both the lab and the social enterprises aim to achieve systemic change through collaboration with virtual volunteers.
The Volunteer Services Recognition and Appreciation Lead oversees the development and implementation of both formal and informal recognition efforts and promotes formal regional recognition programs. Successfully support Department Recognition and Appreciation Leads to ensure recognition is considered by all lines of service within the Region.
- Promote the participation in the formal regional recognition programs.
- Lead the Crowd Doing Recognition Committee throughout the year to ensure all lines of business are represented in regional events and activities.
- Develop and implement both informal and formal volunteer appreciation & recognition events and programs.
- Work with the Volunteer Services Engagement Lead to support volunteer supervisors with ideas, tips, and reminders for ways to informally and formally recognize volunteers.
- Promote a culture that supports volunteerism by reinforcing the importance of volunteer appreciation on a daily basis.
- Support a team of volunteers to ensure that the regional recognition plan is implemented.
- Act as a subject matter expert on formal and informal recognition opportunities.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Software tools & Program knowledge: (
- Social media and professional networking tools.
- Microsoft/Google suite.