Responsibilities of the Board of Directors
- Provide governance oversight for the organization
- Ensure adequate resources through fund development activities
- Determine and articulate vision and mission
- Determine and monitor the organization’s programs and services
- Articulate and enhance the organization’s public image
- Through recruitment of new members, ensure the Board of Directors has the necessary skills, competencies, and connections and that it reflects diversity in all forms
Qualifications of members
- Commitment to the mission & beliefs of PəRPəS Inc.
- Commit to a minimum of three (3) years as a board of directors.
- Give financially to PəRPəS Inc. No minimum required.
- Eagerness to become familiar with programs and services to articulate them to the community
- Ability to support actively the fundraising activities of the organization
- Willingness to contribute skills, expertise, knowledge, and experience
- Has a relationship with Christ.
Duties/ Obligations of Members
- Understand the roles, responsibilities, and liabilities of serving on the Board of Directors
- Hold in confidence all matters related to PəRPəS Inc.
- Fund Development
- Make a personal financial contribution annually. (no amount is too small or too large)
- Carefully review and complete the annual Board commitment form to identify how you will participate in fund development opportunities, such as:
- Identifying contacts with corporations and funding sources
- Knowledge and Skills
- Maintain knowledge of PəRPəS Inc., its current programs and its services and how it benefits the community