Position: Lecturer | Seminar/workshop delivery
Hours: minimum 2 hours per week
Volunteering commitment: Flexible
We are searching for a well-organized, innovative Lecturer to join our ConnectionHub Team to deliver lecturers, seminars and workshops to our refugees students. The Lecturer's responsibilities include developing course material and curricula, inspiring meaningful discussions, attending conferences, consulting with other academics and professionals, supervising our refugees students. You should demonstrate superior listening and communication skills.
- Preparing and delivering lectures, tutorials, workshops, and seminars.
- Provide high quality academic, pastoral and professional support for students, including acting as personal tutor to a group of students.
- Developing curricula and course material that can be used across a number of platforms.
- Identify the need for developing the content or structure of modules with colleagues and make proposals on how this should be achieved.
- Collaborating with other academics and lecturers to improve teaching methods and expand knowledge base.
- Remain current in the field of study through regular research, attendance at conferences and publishing in peer-reviewed journals and similar places.
- Participate in professional and collegiate organizations, including as a committee member, to remain abreast of all emerging developments.
- Tackle issues affecting the quality of delivery within scope of own level of responsibility, referring more serious matters to others, as appropriate.
- Significant professional experience or Ph.D. in the relevant subject or current Ph.D. candidate.
- A strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programmes.
- Previous teaching experience with refugees or people with a migration background and the ability to inspire students with your passion.
- Self started and highly self-motivated.
- Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills (proficient in Microsoft packages).
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation (desirable).
All Lecturers are required to have a valid Enhanced DBS certificate. We accept existing valid Enhanced DBS certificates that the candidates have.
Please email us for a volunteer form to be completed and sent by email alongside your most recent CV.