Our VISTA will use the foundational work from 1st year to continue constructing a program to serve immigrant families more comprehensively, by supporting our new Case Management component through creating infrastructure, community outreach, and fundraising.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help establish baseline and foundational guidelines; help create policies, procedures, trainings, etc.
- Recruit and train volunteers, explore current community partnerships, create marketing and outreach materials
- Consider current curriculum and assessment materials; provide recommendations
- Research grants and available funding sources with focus on sustainability
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Interest in immigration issues required
- ESOL experience strongly preferred; interest in ESOL required
- Proficiency in Spanish highly desired
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- High level or organization required
- Data management skills required; case management background very helpful
- Ability to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and in many spheres necessary
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and patience necessary
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the visual and hearing acuity to perform job duties
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Having own transportation is very helpful
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
All clients and staff working with and/or around clients are required to be masked.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Baltimore, MD 21231: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19