At the Literacy Coalition of Central Texas, we are working to bring people out of poverty not just today, but forever. Join us for a paid year of national service through AmeriCorps VISTA this November to:
- find innovative ways to tell our story, both online and off, and grow community engagement
- build systems to help us manage our relationships from volunteer, to donor, to partner
- discover areas within our organization that could benefit from the support of volunteers, and create and manage those opportunities
- collaborate with our incredible team to ensure the work you do is documented and sustainable
We are looking for a storyteller with a growth mindset, who loves engaging audiences to make a difference! Spanish writing ability and Salesforce or other CRM experience are a plus.
As our VISTA, you will be supported, coached, and respected throughout your year of service as you learn valuable, transferable skills and attend professional development sessions to build your portfolio.
Apply NOW at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=103819
or visit http://willread.org/VISTA to learn more!
*** AmeriCorps VISTAs are full-time, paid volunteers placed through the Literacy Coalition of Central Texas at service sites across Texas. Each VISTA serves for one year at their placement site with at our partner agencies. They help to improve health services, create and evaluate programs, strengthen community groups, conduct outreach, and much, much more. VISTA members and their service sites create, implement, expand, and improve programs designed to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. ***
Benefits of VISTA Service
- Living allowance paid on the 15th and final day of every month (equal to approximately $1100 a month)
- Health and prescription drug benefits for the full year of service
- Eligibility for stipends and benefits (such as SNAP) to assist with living expenses
- Student loan forbearance
- The option to receive the Segal Education Award ($6,345) upon successful completion of service, which can be applied towards eligible student loans or future education costs. Those who select the education award have the option to have the National Service Trust pay all or a portion of the interest that accumulates on their qualified student loans during service at the end of their successful term.
- Monthly professional development sessions, as well as individual check-ins to provide guidance and resources
- Additional training and development opportunities through the Literacy Coalition
- Participation in various community service projects throughout the term
- Site specific training for individual member roles
- Eligibility for additional stipends and benefits to assist members with children, or members relocating more than 50 miles for service
- Leave benefits: 10 personal days and 10 days of sick leave in addition to any holidays taken by your site
- The option to receive $1,800 cash stipend in place of the education award at the end of service
- Non-Competitive Eligibility for one year to aid in applying to federal jobs upon successful completion of your service term
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply through the my.AmeriCorps.gov portal using this link.
Questions? Reach out to Cat at firstname.lastname@example.org!