The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
The BCI combines content knowledge and expertise with proven experience in creating online courses and high quality digital and media assets.
We are looking for a Learning Technologist to be part of a growing team to create exceptional online courses and digital learning resources for our organisation in the field of blockchain, AI technologies and Climate Change.
You will be part of a small team responsible for creating learning materials within the BCI’s LMS. You will do this by drawing on your expertise in producing learning materials within a range of different LMS platforms, as well as your experience using authoring tools, such as Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate. You will also take the lead in producing audio and video content, taking ownership of the scripting, shoot and stakeholder management, editing and direction. Creatively minded, you have an eye for design. A background in graphic design, UX or web design would be an advantage.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working with BCI’s subject matter experts and learning designers, you will produce learning materials, including but not limited to audio, video and interactive web-based content to support course learning outcomes.
- Contribute to the selection of an LMS to meet the BCI's learning and training needs.
- Design and re-design learning content to enhance user experience and outcomes.
- Take briefs from internal clients and create compelling and accessible digital learning experiences.
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the design process. Iterate your designs through seeking feedback and evaluation from stakeholders and end-users.
- Update and enhance existing tools, processes and functionality, reducing administrative burden and enhancing user experience.
- Support the implementation of new digital learning tools and technologies.
- Keep up to date with latest technological trends – advise & recommend how they may enhance BCI’s learning offering.
- Support the maintenance and administration of the learning platform where necessary.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent English writing.
- Strong attention to detail
- Taking ownership and delivering of a brief
General & Specialist Knowledge:
- Experience with a number of LMS platforms and authoring tools (e.g. Articular Storyline or Adobe Captivate)
- Skilled in the design of rich media content using appropriate tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Some knowledge on topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance and blockchain technology preferred.
Education & Training:
- Understanding of current trends in the technology used in eLearning and blended learning solutions.
- 4+ years’ experience as a Learning Technologist
- Videography experience in both planning, managing shooting, direction and editing
- Experience in supporting learning technologies, particularly LMS systems