National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP)
This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Position Title: In Person & Virtual Events Project Coordinator
Reports to: Project Coordinator to Executive Team
Open Positions: 1
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for a qualified professional to serve as Assistant to the President and Project Coordinator. The ideal candidate brings strong organizational and project management skills with discernment, flexibility, and a passion for NAAHP’s mission. The Executive Assistant to the President and Project Coordinator will play a key role in supporting activities across NAAHP by providing exceptional executive support to the President and coordination of special projects, regularly assisting the President in interactions with external and internal stakeholders and operate on many levels with independence, efficiency, enthusiasm and professionalism.
The ideal candidate must be able to hit the ground running with the ability to adapt. He or She must be willing to learn new systems and be open to feedback. Success in this position requires that you thrive in a start-up organization with multiple projects, changing priorities and deadlines, and are able to effectively juggle, manage, and drive a variety of tasks/activities at once.
- Execute NAAHP's overall vision and the manager’s strategy for each signature event.
- Manage all aspects of an event, including but not limited to: registration and webinar/broadcast planning; invitations and estimating attendance numbers; physical venue and/or virtual platform selection; site walkthroughs; catering; detailing the program of activities and schedule of events; adapting the run of the show to consider the virtual experience and all ancillary services, etc.
- Identify and manage relationships with all external partners necessary to support the event (e.g. event volunteers, external sound, video, security, ticketing, rentals, etc.).
- Provide execution support on events regardless of whether you are taking the lead.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of space and logistics and implement events plans that take these factors into account.
- Provide overall support as needed and assigned for department priorities.
- Demonstrate understanding of the NAAHP’s mission, values, goals, and priorities and an ability to ensure that all are considered in developing events strategies that advance the organization's goals to have a strategic, effective, and dynamic engagement experience across modalities.
- Communicate and collaborating effectively with a wide range of audiences
- Efficiently and effectively manage multiple, complex, and results-oriented projects with quick turn-around requirements.
- Demonstrate flexibility and creative thinking in the execution of work, including the ability to prioritize tasks and re-prioritize as necessary as situations change and new information arises.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-3 years' related experience
- Strong experience in working with and supporting senior executives, with demonstrated expertise in anticipating and fulfilling the needs and priorities
- Proven ability to multi-task with outstanding time management skills, demonstrated ability to execute on short-term, deadline-driven tasks, as well as important, long-term projects requiring collaboration
- Comfortable with new technology and troubleshooting equipment, as needed (e.g. audio/visual and conference call equipment, etc.)
- Sound judgment, maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Professional and positive customer service-driven approach
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required; experience with Excel preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a startup environment that is subject to ambiguity