LATEST UPDATES: Check out recent news on our official Instagram and our web-site.
OUR MISSION: To end injustice by empowering families in need.
Sikhi Alpha is a 501(c)3 non-profit on a mission to work with communities worldwide to end injustice by empowering people and educating people to raise themselves up and become hardworking successful individuals who are able to help others. This process begins by sharing wealth, time and knowledge more effectively to reach those in need 100%.
OUR FOCUS: We are seeking a dynamic Volunteer Coordinator who will be responsible for recruiting and managing volunteers for Sikhi Alpha. You will also be delegating responsibilities to volunteers and training selected people for their future position.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (databases, e-mail, social media etc.)
- Collect information on availabilities and skills
- Arrange for appropriate training when needed
- Produce and manage schedules for everyday activities
- Assign responsibilities to the right people for special events
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
- Εnsure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated.
- Ensure volunteers are satisfied by creating a health working environment.
- Keep and manage records of volunteers’ information and work.
- Track and evaluate work, and provide constructive feedback.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in volunteering
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- BSc/BA in business administration, human resources or relevant field (preferred)
- Experience as Volunteer Coordinator (preferred)
Key Skills and Competencies
- Organizing and planning
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Strong communication and presenting skills
- Coaching skills
- Persuasive and adaptable
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time.
Hours per week: Minimum 10