Job Overview: Reporting directly to the President, the Presidential Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Presidential Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Presidential Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams. The Presidential Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, mission-driven, results-driven, and community-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Presidential Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The Presidential Assistant is expected to reflect Mission1Race’s values and messaging.
- The Presidential Assistant completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- The Presidential Assistant researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- The Presidential Assistant provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
- The Presidential Assistant is involved in all the paths and journeys. However, the Presidential Assistant falls under M1Path.
- The Presidential Assistant works closely and effectively with the Vice-President to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- The Presidential Assistant provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- The Presidential Assistant completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Vice-President's ability to effectively lead the company.
- The Presidential Assistant prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures. List them in order of importance.
- The Presidential Assistant will respond to all communication within 24 hours.
- The Presidential Assistant will attend and take the minutes for the Mission Executive Board and Member Advisory Council meetings.
- The Presidential Assistant will meet weekly with the President.
- The Presidential Assistant will complete other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Five or more years of in nonprofit experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High-level strategic thinking and planning.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers, and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, online meeting platforms, and social media.
- Media web platforms.
- Fundraising experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Physical Responsibilities and Duties:
- This position requires 8 – 12 hours a week of donated hours.
- Frequent typing and writing are customary.
- Bending and twisting could occur at times.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at certain times.
- Strong public speaking ability.