Hello Community! ❤️
We are a volunteer based organization looking to grow and become fully operational. We have not previously received a grant. Most of our funding has come from corporate partnerships. However, we know that grant funding will help us to grow as an organization and be more impactful, especially post COVID.
We are in need a volunteer who is passionate and knowledgable about grant writing and researching. We are looking for someone who has roughly 10-15 hours a week to contribute. We have identified potential grant opportunities but the volunteer will have to assist in fully vetting the opportunities. We also have written content to serve as a foundation for writing the grant itself.
- We need someone sho can prepare grant proposals and think creatively around areas we are lacking
- To develop the proposals, familiarize with our organization's programs, goals and financial needs.
- Compile all the information they need, grant writers compose and send their proposals.
- Keep careful records to track their proposals. If a grant-making organization requests additional information, nonprofit grant writers supply the missing items.
- Work in close collaboration with B~STEM Project to develop approved narrative content.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional grant writing experience and 2 years of prospect research experience
- Superb writing skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with organizing info
- Ability to digest new information quickly and think critically about what information is needed to craft compelling cases for support
- Ability to think creatively about how to find new sources of support by marketing campaigns in new ways to a variety of funders
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data in a succinct format
- Excellent project management, follow-through, and time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in shifting gears to address time sensitive projects
- Enthusiasm and passion for B~STEM's mission
- Thrives in a rapid response environment and enjoys working with a dynamic team
- Independent and self-motivated with a desire to provide support to advance Stand’s mission
- Committed to the values of equity, authentic communication and collaboration
- Sense of humor a plus!
Look forward to hearing from you and hope you can support our mission. Thank you!